Sportien is an Australian Sports and Entertainment Law specialist, with a vision to be recognized internationally as a leader in sports, media and entertainment law. We strive to get results for team and league management, owners and athletes. We are a truly international law firm, with multilingual lawyers from various backgrounds. Our lawyers have experience with every major professional sport, as well as many action sports. Our global headquarters are an Melbourne, Australia.
Excellence in Sports Law — On field and Off-field
The world of sports and entertainment has become a world of big business, and it has quickly become a truly global business. This is true both for sports and entertainment businesses whose ability to compete on the field or the stage is dependent on their ability to generate revenues and compete in the business world and for businesses in other industries increasingly looking to sponsorship opportunities as a means to advertise their products and services. As the complexity – and the stakes – of the business of sports and entertainment continue to grow, we believe that so too does the need for sophisticated counsel with a deep understanding of the issues that matter to you, the experience necessary to effectively and efficiently help you achieve your goals and a track record of delivering results for our clients on the matters that mean the most to them.
Specific Areas of Focus
- Anti-Doping Practice
- Collegiate Sports Practice
- Entertainment Industry Practice
- Naming Rights and Sponsorship Practice
- Olympic and National Governing Body Practice
- Professional Sports Team Practice
- Endorsement and Celebrity Representation Practice
- Sports and Entertainment Litigation Practice
- Sports and Entertainment Specialty Counseling Practice
- Sports and Event Finance
- Sports and Event Venue Real Estate, Infrastructure and Operation Practice