Sportien Law handles all types of sports technology matters for all sizes and types of companies, from household name consumer electronics companies to highly specialized equipment manufacturers to seed stage startups. Working at the intersection of law and information technology, we are the experts in drafting and negotiating software, telco and other hi-tech legal agreements and resolving complex IT disputes
Our technology law services are offered across a wide variety of industries, including:
- Video Games
- Unmanned Aerial Systems
- 3D Printing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things
Start-ups and online businesses
- Preparation of shareholder agreements, founder vesting agreements, employee share plans, terms and conditions of trade, licensing agreements, and other legal agreements as needed.
- Negotiating investment rounds.
- Negotiation of distribution and licensing deals in multiple jurisdictions.
Service providers and developers and procurement
- Preparation and negotiation of implementation and software development agreements.
- Negotiation of technology procurement deals.
- Related intellectual property advice.
- Dispute resolution with customers and suppliers.
Investors and venture capital funds
- Setup of venture capital funds and other investment structures for investors into technology businesses.
- Undertaking investment transactions on behalf of venture capital funds and angel investors.
- Undertaking a range of financing transactions including angel investments, series A deals, convertible note investments, grant of options, private placements and IPOs.
All technology clients
- Provision of general corporate legal work including preparing shareholders agreements, unitholders agreements, sales of business and sale of shares.
- Corporate finance.
- Employee share schemes and equity vesting schemes.
- Negotiation of IT related commercial agreements.